Carole Rylander, CFRE
Principal, Rylander Associates
Carole inspires and engages nonprofit leadership to maximize mission impact by enhancing fund development, planning and governance practices. A frequent speaker and facilitator, she draws on more than 30 years of service in the nonprofit sector to benefit board and staff members with highly rated workshops. (For more information visit www.rylanderassociates.com)
Prior to establishing Rylander Associates in 1998, Carole was with the Greater Dallas Community of Churches where she served as senior development officer for 14 years. Before entering the non-profit sector, she worked for eight years in the commercial and documentary film production industry in Dallas. Carole has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Oral Communications, Radio-TV-Film from Baylor University and undertook concentrated studies in Marketing and Theater.
When she is not serving clients, holding workshops or making presentations, Carole hangs out with her husband and any of their three young adult children who visit. At home, Carole enjoys watching classic movies, reading and observing the birds that frequent her feeders. Around town, she enjoys musical concerts and live theater whenever possible.
Distinctions & Awards
- 2006 Outstanding Fundraising Executive, Association of Fundraising Professionals, (AFP) Dallas Chapter
- BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer
- Past President, AFP Dallas Chapter
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) accreditation since 1990
- Past Chair, Association of Philanthropic Counsel, Inc.
- Volunteer Faculty, Center for Nonprofit Management in Dallas
- Faculty, Nonprofit Management Certificate Program, Center for Nonprofit Management, Dallas, Brookhaven College
- Qualified Trainer, Institute of Cultural Affairs
- Association of Philanthropic Counsel
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- International Association of Facilitators
- Texans for the Arts
- ToP Network, Institute of Cultural Affairs