A Night of Light 2015
Celebrating the Individuals and Organizations Positively Impacting the Community
Created in 2001, A Night of Light brings together nonprofit leaders, staff and volunteers along with our region’s most noteworthy corporations and community advocates to celebrate the individuals and organizations positively impacting our community. To date, we have awarded $400,000 in cash awards to 80 organizations.
This September, an independent panel of judges reviewed 117 nominations from nonprofits across North Texas. We are excited to announce the finalists in each category, and hope you will join us at A Night of Light on November 12 where we will reveal the Awards of Excellence recipients.
- Nonprofit of the Year, Presented by Atmos Energy
Equest, TexProtects and Trinity River Mission
- Nonprofit CEO of the Year, Presented by Wells Fargo
Michelle Kinder, Momentous Institute; Madeline McClure, TexProtects; and Sharon McGowan, Friends of Wednesday’s Child
- Nonprofit Board Leader of the Year, Presented by Deloitte, EY and PwC
Beth Gold, Educational First Steps; Gayle Johansen, VMLC – Vickery Meadow Learning Center; and Greg May, Dallas CASA
- Nonprofit Communicator of the Year in Honor of Robert Miller, Presented by Communities Foundation of Texas and The Dallas Morning News
Garland Summer Musicals, New Friends New Life and Operation Kindness
- Corporation of the Year, Presented by Texas Instruments
Celanese Corporation, Southwest Airlines and Tenet Healthcare Corporation