Temple Emanu-El is a Reform Jewish congregation. It was founded in Dallas in 1872, and is one of the largest Reform Jewish congregations in the country. Temple Emanu-El is a dynamic congregation offering daily worship, on-going adult Jewish education, social justice activities in the community, Religious School, youth engagement, and a variety of programs for members and guests. The Early Childhood Education Center is one of the top pre-schools in Dallas.
Temple Emanu-El is currently seeking an office and accounting assistant to provide day-to-day support of various administrative tasks. This position reports to the Controller.
- Downloading Temple Emanu-El financial transactions from various websites.
- Assist A/R coordinator with calls from congregants and ECEC parents regarding their accounts.
- Assist A/R coordinator with account billing changes.
- Open/sort office mail.
- Assist Controller in HR / Payroll matters such as new employee on-boarding and ACA reporting.
- Assist A/P coordinator with credit card receipts and statement, as needed.
- Attend monthly aging meetings and make calls to Temple Emanu-El congregants.
- Assisting in processing cash receipts, credit card transactions, and remote deposits.
Basic skills needed include:
- Minimum of two years accounting and administrative office experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Competency in Excel, Word, databases and accounting software.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
This position is 30 hours a week and provides the following benefits - Paid vacation, sick leave, parental leave, medical, dental, retirement plans, leave early for Shabbat, Life Insurance; complimentary synagogue membership for all full-time employees who are Jewish.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.