Accounting Assistant- Account payable, payroll
Recovery Resource Council a Joint Commission Accredited sixty year old non-profit is seeking a highly motivated, effective, experienced individual to be a TEAM player in the accounting department.
Job Description overview: The successful candidate for this position will work under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer ensuring all documentation meets audit standards. Additionally, will ensure all accounts on balance sheet are correct and reconciled monthly.
Must have good working knowledge of accounting functions:
- Ensure all billing documentation meets audit standards which includes required receipts.
- Assist with monthly reports for various funders.
- Assists with monitoring individual program budgets and documentation requirements.
- Assist with checking the account and departmental codes on all invoices, both payables & receivables.
- Ensure all entries are made into the accounting software on a timely basis and review General Ledger and Financial Statements for accuracy of monthly postings.
- Pay all invoices in a timely manner.
- Collect all staff monthly mileage reimbursement forms, check for accuracy, and pay in a timely manner.
- Enter all credit card transactions into financial software and pay the monthly bill in an accurate manner to avoid interest fees.
- Accounts Receivable duties.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the financial system to note any discrepancies.
- Occasionally assist with payroll duties.
Recovery Resource Council takes pride in hiring “A” Team players that have a passion for non-profit work. Additionally, the Council offers a rich benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, 401K, accrual of paid time off, paid holidays and Teladoc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Minimum 2 years experience working with project accounting/grant reporting and accounts payable/receivable and accounting software. Experience with Non-profit procedures a plus.
Please send all resumes to Margie Hatcher @ firstname.lastname@example.org