Accounting Assistant– Central Services - Dallas, TX
Do you have an eye for details and an orderly approach to completing work? Are you a factual, straightforward communicator? Do you have a passion for helping those in need?
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Catholic Charities Dallas is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our team. You will be working with the Accounting team.
You will be responsible for efficient handling of donations, including picking up checks, counting checks and cash, and depositing money. You will enter gifts into Financial Edge/ Raiser’s Edge database in an accurate and timely manner.
You will be responsible for updates AR subsidiaries and reconcile to the GL.
You will be responsible for updates AP subsidiaries and reconcile to the GL.
You will input GL journal entries upon Controller’s approval and reconcile payroll postings reports to GL.
- B.S./B.A in Accounting or related field preferred
- Two plus years of experience in accounting required
- Financial Edge/Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Knowledge of principles and practices of advanced nonprofit accounting
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations for nonprofit financial record keeping and reporting especially regarding grant and other donor requirements
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong computer systems skills, including proficiency in business and accounting computer systems, and advanced Excel skills.
- Must possess high initiative and be detail oriented
- Organized and able to work with little supervision
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Catholic Charities Dallas offers a variety of benefits to our staff including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our employees can participate in a retirement plan with an employer contribution after one year of employment. Paid Time Off (PTO) allows employees the flexibility to take time off as they need and we have a generous holiday schedule. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $20.00 to $24.00 per hour, based on skills and experience.
For consideration, all applicants must apply and submit their resume and cover letter via email to careersatccdallas.org. Applicants must also complete a work traits survey via this link https://www.cindexinc.com/c/6AE13E.
Resumes received without being accompanied by a completed survey will not be considered. Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. Catholic Charities Dallas is an equal opportunity employer.