Crossroads Community Services' mission is to nourish our community’s low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education. By distributing substantial amounts of groceries, Crossroads strives to meet basic food needs and supplement household incomes. In 2017, Crossroads distributed over 2.3 million pounds of food to 11,000 unique individuals throughout Dallas County.
About the Position
The Accounting Manager provides accounting and administrative support to the Director of Business Operations (DBO) and the Executive Director (ED), and assists the Development Director (DD) in tracking/reporting of contributed revenue. The position will report to the DBO and has one direct report. The individual must be self-motivated, energetic, detail-minded with excellent analytical skills and able to work effectively across the organization and all its functions. The primary responsibilities of this vital position include day-to-day liaison to external accounting and audit firms, coordinating the annual budget process, preparing updated financial forecasts throughout the year, and assisting in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and quarterly financial statements and coordinate the annual internal audit to ensure proper controls are in place. Additionally, some HR-related functions will include: onboarding/offboarding activities and documentation, insurance premium payments, tracking and reporting and processing of bi-weekly payroll via external 3rd party vendor.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analyses and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with A/P, A/R, payroll, petty cash, monthly bank reconciliation, and general office administrative processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to partner and communicate effectively with diverse constituents.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Experience working on a team and desire to be accountable to individual and team goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with or ability to learn QuickBooks and/or other software applications. Advanced Excel skill required.
- Some HR-related experience preferred.
- Must work well independently and collaboratively, possess critical thinking skills and have a strong work ethic.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of increasing supervisory responsibility in an Accounting or Finance role, preferably in a non-profit, social services environment.
- Day-to-day management of our relationship with external accounting firm
- Annual budget preparation and quarterly forecast updates
- Monthly bank reconciliation and cash flow reporting
- Manage A/P and A/R functions
- Revenue reporting: contributed, earned and in-kind
- Manage petty cash account
- Office/warehouse supplies and equipment procurement
- Process entries in QuickBooks and other ad hoc financial reporting
- Payroll preparation and reporting
- HR onboarding/offboarding
- Ensure compliance with internal audit controls and relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and achievements
- Employee health and disability insurance, plus a retirement plan with employer match
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org