Agape Resource & Assistance Center, Inc.
Administrative Support Specialist
Agape Resource & Assistance Center, Inc. is searching for an experienced, reliable, self-motivated and task-oriented Administrative Support Specialist to serve as assistant to the Executive Director and Program Director and to be responsible for administrative tasks including bookkeeping, office and facilities management and contact and volunteer management. The ideal candidate is a self-sufficient, creative, motivated professional capable of working independently to manage their work load, prioritize essential tasks and complete projects accurately and on time in a growing, multi-faceted, life-changing non-profit.
The Administrative Support Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director and Program Director and all manner of office and agency administration including basic bookkeeping (posting in QuickBooks, cash reconciliations, standard reports, check requests, etc.), office and facilities maintenance and management, contact & donor database management & appreciation, volunteer coordination & appreciation, collection and reporting of agency metrics, outputs and outcomes, management reporting and schedule & resource management in a manner consistent with agency mission, commitments, goals and culture.
The ideal candidate will have a passion and drive to empower and facilitate homeless women and children to overcome barriers to economic and emotional stability, demonstrate a strong yet focused entrepreneurial spirit, be comfortable working in a changing environment, be a creative problem solver, demonstrate effective and persuasive written and verbal communication, treat others with respect and dignity, be collaborative with a focus on shared goals and be task oriented with a strong attention to detail. Candidate will also be proactive with a high sense of urgency and a self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team. ANTICIPATED: 30- 40 hrs / week
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Program Director
- Proactively assist Executive Director by managing projects and tasks that increase community awareness, corporate connections, volunteers and financial support, expand agency capacity and achieve desired agency outcomes
- Support Program Director efforts to manage Transitional Housing Program and facilitate program participant progress towards economic stability and self-sufficiency.
- Provide basic bookkeeping functions including check requests, transaction posting in QuickBooks, month end reconciliations, standard reporting, accounting record keeping and facilitate work of CPA consultant
- Define and manage administrative projects, related tasks and resource requirements
- Define and manage office and facilities projects, related tasks and resource requirements and allocation of resources to manage projects.
- Prepare and manage periodic agency and program reporting and deliverables to various parties including the board of directors, donors, granting agencies and community partners
- Monitor and appropriately communicate administrative, office and facilities projects progress and initiate appropriate project changes and interventions to achieve desires project results.
- Communicate project status and issues to leadership on a timely and effective manner
- Provide recommendations for enhancements and process improvements.
- Develop and maintain standard project documentation including goals, project plans, resource requirements, action items, time lines, agendas, minutes and results.
- Manage monthly and quarterly program and financial reporting processes and distributions.
- Other duties as assigned.
ANTICIPATED TIME ALLOCATION:
- 25% - administrative support to Executive Director & Program Director
- 35% - bookkeeping / financial operations
- 15% - office & facilities management
- 15% - public relations / volunteer coordination
- Work experience at a level that requires nominal supervision and independent decision-making ability to make solid business decisions desired.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete all accurately and on time.
- Attention to timeliness, accuracy, schedules and details
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Proven bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks.
- Competency in MS Office Suites and contact databases.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks.
- Data entry and word processing skills.
- Well-organized, courteous, respectful and inclusive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with executives, managers, program staff and program participants.
- Enthusiastic can-do personality.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Project Management or Business Management.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two to five years of non-profit experience preferred.
Agape is a long-term housing and transformational program that helps homeless single women, moms & their children by providing safe housing, counseling, childcare, help with transportation, education & vocational training to help moms gain head of household incomes and move from crisis and poverty to self-sustaining, independent lives. About 80% of the women and children served are Survivors of family violence, sexual assault or sex trafficking. Agape’s Children First model improves the well-being of the whole family by focusing on and stabilizing the children and providing counseling, developmental care and enrichment so each child can envision a future not defined or limited by the experiences of their past.
Our multi-pronged program includes:
- Providing safe and stable housing
- Assisting with reliable and affordable transportation
- Facilitating childcare and youth development
- Improving earning capacity through education, job training, job certification, and job placement.
Please contact Janet Collinsworth at: Janet@Hope4Agape.com for more information or to submit a resume.
Resumes for current openings are accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis.