Recovery Resource Council is seeking a highly self-motivated individual who will direct the activities of the Behavioral Health Programs with oversight over Recovery Services, Project New Start and the Healthy Community Collaborative, Recovery Services includes Outreach, Screening and Referral (OSAR) services, Information and Referral (I&R), Recovery Now Outpatient Services, and Peer Support Services. This position is responsible for insuring all areas under supervision meet Joint Commission Accreditation Requirements and Texas HHSC treatment standards. The Assistant Director will report directly to the Director of Behavioral Health.
the selected candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Master’s degree in human services field (i.e., Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology); minimum of five years of training and experience in the chemical dependency field/mental health/health care field. Must have demonstrated supervisory experience. Training experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
Must be a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor or Qualified Credentialed Counselor (QCC) as defined by the Texas Commission on Alcohol & Drug Abuse;
Licensed as a Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor Intern, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate required;
Full Licensure as Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist strongly preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of human behavior, chemical dependency, and co-occurring disorders
- Thorough knowledge of community and resources for chemically dependent
- Demonstrated ability to work one-on-one as well as with large groups
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage people
- Knowledge of 12 step groups and how they work
- Knowledge and understanding of ethics related to counseling, social services and organizational policies
- Ability to maintain compliance according to DSHS and Joint Commission standards as well as required by grants.
- Ability to train others
- Experience with program design, evaluation, and grant writing
- Must have basic computer skills and word processing experience, knowledge of spreadsheet programs desirable
send resumes to Margie Hatcheremail@example.com