Our Foster Program is growing. Jonathan’s Place, is accepting applications for full-time Foster Care & Adoption Case Managers. Our main office is in Garland with an axillary office in Fort Worth. This open position is for our Fort Worth office.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or other human services field necessary. Position requires experience in foster care and adoption. Candidates must have excellent communication and writing skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to home studies, foster home training and monitoring, admission, placement and discharge of children, ensuring children receive appropriate and timely services, and accurately completing all necessary documentation in a timely manner. Position requires flexible schedule and the ability to handle “On Call” duties.
Established in May 1991, Jonathan’s Place provides a safe, loving home and specialized services to children who have been victims of abuse, abandonment or neglect.
Responsible for coordination and implementation of comprehensive services for all child residents in Foster/Adopt care Program. This position is responsible for assisting with guidance and direction to foster and adoptive parents and oversight & compliance of Foster and Adoptive homes.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Educational qualifications (at least one):
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field with experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate agency needs.
- Must have reliable transportation and current insurance.
- Must be willing to serve On Call for agency.
- Maintain a working telephone or other reliable means of communication so that you are accessible to Director of Programs and Foster/Adopt homes 24-hours a day, as needed.
- Must maintain a current drivers’ license and favorable driving record as condition of employment.
- Must have a negative Pre-Employment & Random drug testing (pd by JP).
- Must have a negative Pre-Employment TB test or chest x-ray (pd by JP).
- Must pass a pre-employment background check (including CBC, Texas Department of Public Safety’s criminal history database, DFPS Central Registry abuse/neglect and the FBI fingerprint check,
- Must be of high moral, ethical and professional character.
- Knowledge of child development and behavior management.
- Must be willing to accompany/transport children to appointments.
- Able to climb stairs repeatedly. Ability to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness and ability to manage and work effectively with staff, co-workers and Foster/Adopt parent(s). Teamwork, cooperation with staff, co-workers and Foster/Adopt homes mandatory.
- Mature judgment and an ability to act in an independent, responsible manner in all matters relating to the care and safety of children.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with persons from diverse cultures and communities, as well as from different groups, including children, their parents, agency colleagues, Foster/Adoptive parent(s), CPS staff, support staff members, supervisors, administrators, and persons from the legal and judicial system. Present a good public presence.
- Skills in organizing work in a responsible way within an environment with multiple challenges, priorities and time frames.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working Knowledge of DFPS CPA Minimum Standards
- Knowledge of DFPS state contract terms
- Ability to identify and plan long and short term goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer programs and databases including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Publisher), Internet Explorer, and Kaleidacare.
- Must have working knowledge of Internet and ability to correspond via e-mail
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to speak with self confidence
- Ability to produce professional correspondence and presentations
- Ability to meet deadlines for agency
- Ability to work as a team player and work effectively with other agency employees, outside visitors, volunteers and Foster/Adopt parent(s).
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits which include: paid holidays, a generous PTO plan, 100% paid premium for life insurance and various other health plan options after the initial 90-days.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume. Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.