A service-driven organization committed to ending poverty, Catholic Charities Fort Worth (CCFW) looks at prevalent issues in their community from every angle to find innovative solutions. Known for their holistic approach and implementation of bold initiatives, CCFW endeavors daily to find the answers needed to make real change in the lives of low-income individuals and families. At the heart of their model is the belief that every person matters, derived from Catholic teachings that say the poor have the moral claim on the conscience of the nation. The organization approaches its work prayerfully and draws strength and purpose from individuals’ relationships with Christ. Noting that poverty affects everyone in the community either directly or peripherally, CCFW and their team examine personal decision-making, institutional policy-making, and the host of economic relationships that tie communities together to determine both the root of societal poverty and solutions to that problem. Furthermore, once the conversation has begun, CCFW utilizes every resource in its power to secure individuals’ necessities (nutrition, education, housing and health care) and rights to realizing their full potentials.
With a national reputation for programmatic excellence and thought leadership in the field of social services, Catholic Charities Fort Worth is poised for dramatic growth in fund development as they plan their next three years in the fight to eradicate poverty. With a remarkable record of private support growth over the last decade, CCFW seeks a talented fund development leader to oversee the organization’s comprehensive advancement department. She/he will supervise, lead, and grow the 26 members of the Advancement department through four direct reports, including the Senior Director of Fund Development, the Senior Director of Transform, the Director of Public Relations, and the Director of Parish Relations.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer with a dotted line to the President & CEO and as a member of the senior leadership team, the Chief Advancement Officer will be responsible for providing leadership to the agency and the Advancement Division, drive forward the fund development goals, and maintain a strong engagement with donors and the public. His/her role will align with the agency goal of advancing a strong organization with the financial and relationship resources to draw upon to end poverty. Specifically, she/he will:
- Provide strategic leadership on the CCFW senior leadership team, assisting with helping the agency live out its vision, mission, values and goal to end poverty along with the Advancement goals and strategies.
- Provide coaching leadership to the Advancement Directors to allow them to successfully support and drive forward their teams.
- Provide leadership, management, and accountability to the Advancement Division to ensure goals are met, team health is in place, communication throughout the organization and in the division is strong, and the process of achieving agency goals is sound.
- Drive forward the fund development goal needed for CCFW to end poverty, staying true to the Benevon® model of fundraising that the CCFW Board and Senior Leadership team is committed to.
- Ensure all Advancement efforts in cultivation and engagement point to success with the ultimate fundraising goal in mind; with one foot in the current year and another foot in future years.
- Develop and maintain strong engagement with donors and the public.
- In conjunction with the CEO, serve as a secondary spokesperson for the organization with high end donors, corporate leaders, key parish leaders and media.
- Perform other duties as required.
Competitive with comparable organizations, and commensurate with capability, experience, and prevailing market trends
Fort Worth, Texas
Moderate throughout Tarrant County and the 28 counties of the Diocese of Fort Worth
Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with like experience
For more information, contact Travis Hillier at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to Travis via email.