Do you have a heart for mission and a strong sense of personal purpose? Are you ready to light a fire and change the world? Center for Transforming Lives is seeking an energetic and accomplished senior professional to serve as its Chief Development Officer.
For 110 years, the organization now known as the Center for Transforming Lives (CTL) has provided anti-poverty programs for women and children in Tarrant County. It was founded in 1907 as the first YWCA™ in Texas serving as a boarding house for poor women, expanded to include child care for working mothers in the 1930s, and in 2015 changed its name from the YWCA Fort Worth & Tarrant County to the Center for Transforming Lives to more clearly articulate its mission.
Today, the Center for Transforming Lives helps homeless and impoverished women, children, and families move from poverty to independence. The Center for Transforming Lives has an annual operating budget of approximately $8 million and will serve 3,500 low-income and homeless women and their children this year, breaking the generational cycle of poverty. For more information, please visit www.transforminglives.org
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Development Officer develops and implements successful fundraising and marketing strategies. The CDO is responsible for oversight, development, administration and management of fundraising, communications, public relations and marketing activities. The CDO ensures that all departmental activities systematically and intentionally achieve the budgeted fundraising goals for the year, as well as achieve annual marketing goals. The CDO will lead a team of 6 employees and raise $2 million.
The CDO is responsibilities to:
- Provide strategic leadership to effectively communicate the mission, goals and accomplishments to donors, prospective donors and the broader community.
- Develop a fund development strategy to proactively identify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward a portfolio of major donors to strengthen and diversify current funding sources.
- Build brand strategy and drive community awareness to raise the profile of the Center for Transforming Lives.
- Understand and utilize the Benevon fundraising model and guiding principles.
- Provide direction, guidance and regular supervision to direct reports to ensure each individual within the department meets fundraising/communication goals, budgetary restrictions and performance expectations.
- Generate reports to track and analyze key philanthropy activities and results.
- Ensures timely data entry, recordkeeping and reporting with the donor database and other tracking systems.
- Create and enforce best practice accountability standards and systems across all development and communication activities.
- Ensure ethical and appropriate financial administration of contributed income, including overseeing the donor and prospect records, and following all regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact donations.
- Represent the Center for Transforming Lives with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of fundraising experience in the DFW metro area along with a proven track record of fundraising. A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Please email your resume to: NPExecSearch@gmail.com.