Guided by the principles of human compassion and dignity, Refugee Services of Texas welcomes refugees, immigrants, and other displaced people and supports them in integrating and thriving in their new communities. Through affiliations with Church World Service, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service and Episcopal Migration Ministries, RST provides services through the United States Refugee Admissions Program. The five RST offices (located in Amarillo, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston) provide resettlement services and programs designed for the local communities we serve; RST also manages the regional refugee program administration office for Central Texas. In addition to our refugee clients, we also serve survivors of human trafficking, asylees, unaccompanied minors, and other displaced people.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the primary role of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is to serve as RST's principal advisor to the Board and the organization's chief management and administrative officer. The CEO provides overall leadership and management to successfully achieve the organization's mission, goals and operational objectives. The CEO also serves as the public face of RST to various government and non-governmental agencies, faith-based and community partners and clients.
- Become a standard-setting organization in refugee resettlement with unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven outcome evaluation.
- Become a leading advocate for refugee rights on a state and national level.
- Have financial strength, ample resources, and solid infrastructure to advance our mission.
- Leadership & Management
- Ensure programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems
- Provide leadership to senior management; promote teamwork, collaboration and professional development and growth
- Work with staff to ensure strong financial controls and cash management, contract compliance, proper human resource functions, and systems and procedures to help RST staff operate at a high level
- Strategy & Vision
- Lead the organization in the execution and re-evaluation, as necessary, of RST’s Strategic Plan
- Recognize and respond to the shifts in the external landscape and trends in the field of refugee resettlement
- Work with the Board of Directors to advance the organization’s strategic direction; keep the Board fully informed on internal conditions and important external developments
- External Relations
- Develop trusting relationships with stakeholders, including partner organization and potential partner organizations, funding entities, and government officials
- Fundraising and development from both government and private sector sources
- Work closely with RST’s media consultant to respond effectively and compellingly to media inquiries
- 10+ years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading a large organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Demonstrated skill in cross-cultural competencies
- Knowledge and experience with the refugee resettlement process
- Demonstrated executive level experience managing multi-location organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working collaboratively with a Board of Directors
- Proven record of fundraising from a variety of sources
- Experience managing the financial aspects of an organization including cash management, budgeting and financial reporting
- A passionate, mission-driven and self-directed organizational manager with demonstrated success managing and motivating staff, maintaining a high morale and inspiring teamwork.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please apply for this position via the www.rstx.org career page. Only applications submitted via the career page will be accepted.