Responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the Executive Management Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal, human resources and information technology functions of the corporation in accordance with GAAP issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate for not-for-profit organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
• Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
• Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
• Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and CEO in performing their responsibilities.
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation, effectiveness and internal control structure of corporation.
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
• Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
• Participate in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
• Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
• Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
• Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
• Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
• Provide staff leadership to various committees to include but not limited to: Audit Committee, Finance Committee, Investment Committee, and Capital Corp Board.
• Responsible for the management and oversight of the debt covenants.
• Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and provide individuals with professional and personal growth.
• Responsible for oversight of management, maintenance and upkeep of all facilities, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general building and office space, and other facilities needs as required.
Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s); is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises nonsupervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Experience, Competencies and Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with six or more years of not-for-profit experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably a Master’s Degree and Certified Public Accountant. A qualified candidate will be an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image; a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus with a demonstrated capacity to establish and promote productive partnerships and collaborative efforts with a diverse group of constituents.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.