General Job Title: Church Relations Liaison
Reports to: VP, Ministry and Program Operations
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: The Church Relations Liaison will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with churches. The Church Relations Liaison will secure gifts-in-kind, services, and financial contributions by communicating CCA’s activities, programs, and mission/vision. This person will be an ambassador for CCA in the community by actively participating in local civic, city, and charitable organizations. Must possess a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with CCA’s statement of faith. Experienced in implementing and fulfilling organizational, program and project objectives. A good working knowledge of churches, church operations, denominational distinctive, clergy activities, and responsibilities. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Support the CCA’s mission, vision and values.
- Build and maintain relationships with local churches, ministries and Christian educational institutions.
- Measure and grow CCA Church relations efforts within the church community.
- Solicit churches as a financial partner for the purpose of supporting CCA’s mission; travel locally as necessary.
- Conduct campus tours with current and prospective donors.
- Have ongoing knowledge of program operations in order to communicate CCA needs and activities.
- Educate church/ministry constituents on the impact of donor contributions on current and future programs and operations.
- Support fundraising strategies and activities to ensure proper stewardship of donors; may require some evenings and weekends
- Actively participate in development team meetings to collaborate team goals.
- Input and maintain church/ministry information in our customer relationship management system.
- Develop and manage church/ministry partnership program.
- Create and maintain church directory and programs/services (Grief Recovery, Stephens Ministry, etc.).
- Collaborate with churches to build a model by which churches/ministries refer clients to CCA.
- Coordinate meetings and speaking engagements for the CCA President and Vice President of Ministry and Program Operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience -
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ordination or license from a recognized evangelical or orthodox Christian denomination or fellowship preferred.
- Professional communication skills, both on the phone and in person.
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals.
- Ability to solicit donations (including gift in kind, financial contributions, services, volunteers as well as physical items etc.).
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Marketing and presentation skills.
- Project management skills.
Interested candidates please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.