Our mission: To nurture our community’s low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education.
Crossroads Community Services has two primary goals: 1) Ensure that all people in Dallas County have access to nutritious foods and 2) Improve the health and well-being of our low-income neighbors.
We strive to nourish people and power change. Through our pantry and over 50 Community Distribution Partners, we will distribute more than 2,200,000 pounds of food to 6,000+ unique households in 2017.
Our Client Services Coordinator position is part-time (28 hours a week, Monday and Tuesday 7:45am-1:30pm & Wednesday and Thursday from 7:45am-4:00pm) and reports to the Programs Director while working closely with all Programs staff. He/she will have direct contact with clients and is responsible for welcoming, assisting, and educating clients about other resources in the community. Additionally, the Coordinator will assist our research partners by ensuring quality data is captured during client intake. Activities include managing the reception, intake, and waiting rooms as well as reception and intake volunteers. This position requires an understanding of all programmatic areas and a commitment to assist in all areas when needed.
The Client Services Coordinator should have the following skills and experience:
- Must be fluent (read, write, and speak) in English and Spanish
- Work cooperatively and effectively with a wide variety of people
- Understand the dynamics of low-income and homeless populations
- Desire to serve and educate our clients
- Able to multi-task and handle stress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Punctual and dependable to prepare pantry for clients
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds and stand for an extended period
- Commitment to Crossroads Community Services’ goals and mission
- Prepare pantry for clients
- Ensure volunteers are properly trained and updated on the client reception and intake processes
- Enroll and recertify clients for Crossroads’ services (food and clothing) during pantry hours
- Monitor intake volunteers to capture research-worthy data
- Update waiting room PowerPoint and handouts to promote community partners and events
- Organize intake and waiting rooms and maintain adequate supply of documents
- Record client data in database and run Program reports
- Assist with other client service tasks when needed
Please send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com