Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career where your skills and passion for delivering quality care make a positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 52,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research and our software initiative, XenatiX, we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
The Communications & Graphics Coordinator primary purpose is to provide marketing and communications support for the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Metrocare. The position will advocate and promote Metrocare Services through multiple communication programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the job.
- Designs and produces Metrocare’s collateral and marketing materials with specific management of Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Metrocare’s materials
- Assists with management of social media strategies.
- Creates e-newsletters and digital content.
- Promotes services of Metrocare for potential consumers through various communication vehicles and community events.
- Serves as a liaison to contractors and vendors providing marketing and public relations services for the agency.
- Assists with public relations efforts.
- Maintains branding standards for the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the ethical standards of conduct, state contract, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, and excellent communication skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple task and special projects simultaneously.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of individuals, teams and systems
- Able to deliver presentations to various audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills and the ability to forge strong personal relationships based on trust and credibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Graphic Design or Marketing.
- At least two years (2) to five (5) years of experience in marketing communications required.
- Experience with behavioral health and/or military veteran service organizations preferred, but not required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to work with reports and numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Use computer, printer, and software programs necessary to the position (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suites, Constant Contact, Event Brite, website content management systems and social media platforms.
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. If licensed in another state, must obtain Texas Driver License within three (3) months of employment.
- Liability insurance required if employee will operate personal vehicle on Center property or for Center business. Must be insurable by Center’s liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business. Must have an acceptable driving record.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters