Our mission: To nurture our community’s low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education.
Crossroads Community Services has two primary goals: 1) Ensure that all people in Dallas County have access to nutritious foods and 2) Improve the health and well-being of our low-income neighbors.
We strive to nourish people and power change. We developed a network of non-profits (CDPs) across Dallas county who partner with Crossroads to serve nutritious food in their local community. Through this network and our pantry, we will distribute more than 2,200,000 pounds of food to 6,000+ unique households in 2017.
The CDP Associate reports to the CDP Manager and is a part-time position (20-24 hours a week: Wednesday and Thursday afternoons are required but remaining hours are flexible Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:00pm). He/she works with our 50+ CDP sites, which are non-profit organizations that distribute nutritious groceries to low-income families and individuals in Dallas County. Activities include maintaining files, site monitoring, achieving CDP satisfaction, and assisting CDP Manager with community research and program partnerships. The position also requires knowledge of the processes in all Programs areas and a commitment to assist in all program areas when needed.
The CDP Associate should have the following skills and experience:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Works cooperatively and effectively with a wide variety of people
- Understands the dynamics of low-income and homeless populations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organization skills
- Commitment to Crossroads Community Services’ goals and mission
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds and stand for an extended period
- Reliable vehicle (see below)
- Maintain CDP files and ensure all comply with the Texas Department of Agriculture and North Texas Food Bank standards
- Serve as a resource to CDPs when questions arise
- Achieve high level of satisfaction and retention of CDPs by administering surveys, creating monthly newsletters, and communicating program updates
- Complete administrative tasks, such as processing client applications and generating program & database reports
- Visit CDP sites for monitoring, inspections, and reviews
- Assist in planning and organizing annual CDP Conference
- Other clerical or client service tasks when requested
Please send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com