Our Chamber is currently seeking a Controller. This valuable member of the Finance Department is responsible for the accounting operations of the organization, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, developing and tracking goals and objectives through forecasts and budgets, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position reports directly to the CFO/COO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the process of account reconciliations including checking reconciliations for accuracy, reviewing journal entries related to account reconciliations, and review of the trial balance in comparison with the account statement.
- Maintains and reconcile various general ledger accounts in accordance with GAAP.
- Reconciles all bank, trust, custodial, and investment account statements.
- Helps monitor and enforce existing internal control processes and makes recommendations as needed.
- Assists with the annual audit, including preparation of certain supporting schedules.
- Prepares weekly status reports. Assists with other reporting as needed.
- Coordinates with custodian to periodically rebalance pooled investments; facilitates asset liquidations, transfers, and cash flow requirements.
- Prepares all bank deposits and transfers.
- Calculates and posts quarterly administrative fees to each of the funds.
- Monitors and approves all employee expense reports.
- Prepares and files certain necessary tax forms, i.e. Form 1099, Form 8283, state filings, etc. Assists in preparation and research of Form 990.
- Manages accounts receivable and petty cash.
- Maintains financial records of office equipment and prepares depreciation schedule annually.
- Contributes as a strong team member and attends Board meetings.
- Participates in national and regional collaborative efforts which contribute to the advancement of the organization and the field in general.
- Provides support to CFO/COO and performs additional duties as requested.
- Assists with the monthly processing of programs, reports and reconciliations.
- Supervisor responsibilities, with four direct reports.
- All other duties assigned.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and track multiple projects.
- Self-starter with a heightened sense of initiative.
- Superb customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish effective relationships with both internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a successful team.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, accounting and database systems.
- Healthy and proactive managerial mindset, with a mentor philosophy.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in financial reporting, general accounting, tax filings, and payroll oversight. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
This position offers an excellent benefits package inclusive of medical and dental coverage, 401K pension plan, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, in addition to other benefits. To learn more about the Dallas Regional Chamber, visit www.dallaschamber.org.
No agency or third party candidates will be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, including your salary history, in a Word or PDF format to email@example.com.