Are you a whiz with words? Do you have a passion for persuasion? Does your copy make people laugh, cry and open their wallets? If doing what you love for a good cause is your dream job, look no further. Brad Cecil & Associates, Inc., a nationally respected full-service fundraising agency with an emphasis in direct response, seeks a full time, in-house Copywriter to create exceptional fundraising communication for our nonprofit clients. This is a junior level position.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English or related field and two years of copywriting experience, preferably in direct response fundraising. This person must have a heart for nonprofit work and be motivated by the desire to help organizations make a difference in the world.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Writing conversational direct response fundraising letters
- Writing donor-focused newsletters
- Writing fundraising emails, social media posts and other digital communication
- Must be a self-starter and have exceptional follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Interest in fundraising process and strong desire to work with nonprofits
- Able to demonstrate the ability to contribute to a team effort
- Planning, preparing for and attending creative meetings
- Working closely with client service and creative departments to see projects through to completion
- Ensure projects meet deadline
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English or related field
2 years of copywriting experience, preferably in direct response, marketing or advertising
- Position requires excellent conversational style writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Email your résumé, a cover letter specific to this position and relevant writing samples to: email@example.com. Applicants will not be considered without the inclusion of all requested items. We can’t wait to hear from you!