The Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for the identification of corporate, foundation, and organization support, including United Way, through prospect research, development and writing of proposals, monitoring grant compliance, conducting formal and informal presentations, attending community events, and building long-term partnerships and strengthening existing relations with funders to raise increased financial support and engagement.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Design, implement and manage a comprehensive plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate and foundation relationships
- Develop highly competitive proposals with a compelling narrative aligned to BGCD’s mission and strategic plan
- Collaborate with BGCD leadership and program team to develop unique approaches to funders
- Create and maintain an on-going stewardship and cultivation process for current and prospective funders to develop and sustain successful relationships
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage all aspects of submission and follow-up
- Provide detailed reports to funders, board members, leadership team and others with respect to BGCD’s progress for proposals and grant reports
- Work with program and finance teams to assemble budget and expenditure information for grant proposals and progress reports
- Enhance BGCD’s ability to capture and communicate program impact in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure gifts and donations are properly recognized & recorded and assist in forecasting & reporting monthly cash flow
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables thereby ensuring smooth completion of work
- Promote good will and foster relationships with community leaders, foundation directors, community relations executives as well as investors
- Maintain good working relationships and provide best practices to the Advisory Councils to ensure fundraising compliance and corporate support at a local level
- Develop, maintain and present reports for Board of Directors, Leadership Team, Resource Development Committee and Investors
- Contribute to and develop strategies, goals and objectives to reach agency’s funding needs
- Research and maintain an active prospect list for funding through Foundations, Corporations, Organizations and Government prospects
- Evaluate giving trends of donors and potential upgrading
- Assist in executing tactics and goals set by the Board of Directors
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the administration processes for all grants
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track progress and report on all current and prospective funders
- Manage effective processes for managing input and deliverables from all team members to insure high quality materials are developed and deadlines are met
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience in grant writing, managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency or Boys & Girls Club; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; the principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
- Persuasive communication style and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills are necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, as well as experience working Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Candidates please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.