The Data & Government Grants Associate (DGGA) researches, prepares, and submits state and federal grant applications as well as maintains a detailed deadline calendar. Collaborating with Lumin staff, the DGGA collects key data and information for grant submission. Responds to internal data requests by preparing monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports. Attention to detail is a critical requirement as this position compiles reports from software and databases used by Lumin Education. The ideal candidate has good analytical skills, excellent knowledge of Excel, and ability to problem solve and work independently.
The position reports to the Director of Student Services and is exempt, 40 hours a week, and works a 235-day a year schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal guidelines for publicly funded early childhood programs.
- Create and maintain calendar of deadlines for state and federal grant submissions, reports, and amendments, as well as due dates for standard reports required in connection to charter school programs.
- Establish processes with responsible parties on due dates and compliance.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of data elements required for state and federally funded programs.
- Responsible for preparation, organization, and submission of applications and proposals for state and federal grants. Collaborate with key Lumin staff to collect data and documents for grant submission.
- Archive grant applications and supporting documentation for future use.
- Develop comprehensive plan and facilitate meetings to reflect on the campus’s instructional program. Components include required program reviews and assessments.
- Maintains all documents and information for compliance and reporting to federal and state agencies.
- Monitor and evaluate Texas Education Agency (TEA) website, list serves, and other public sources for potential grants.
- Ability to utilize software and databases effectively and efficiently to compile requested reports from internal and external stakeholders used by Lumin Education.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports.
- Establish dashboards and standardize reports for frequently requested data.
- Identify trends, gaps, and anomalies in data to ensure accuracy.
- Act as Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) back-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in managing data and government grants; nonprofit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Skyward or other student information system.
- Experience working in public school setting.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Good analytical skills with a critical eye toward accuracy.
- Experience facilitating and leading meetings.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.