Status: Full-time with Benefits
Reports to: Director of Development Supervises: Part-Time Development & Data Entry Associate
Position Summary: This position assists the Director of Development in executing our fundraising and marketing/communication goals by helping with donor engagement, event planning, management of Crossroads website/social media accounts, and by supporting all efforts to expand our community engagement and development revenue growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist Development Director and Development & Marketing Committee with the planning, coordinating and execution of fundraising and donor appreciation events.
- Produce development campaign reports for management team and Board of Directors.
- Manage campaign mailings and donor communication by coordinating with outside consultants.
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance of physical donor and grant files by Crossroads volunteers and electronic donor and grant files in Bloomerang/shared drive by Development Associate.
- Assist with processing of grant applications, awards and entry into Bloomerang.
- Manage day-to-day execution of social media messaging and website updates, to keep the Crossroads’ story fresh and relevant.
- Develop and implement a communications plan, including managing the content, calendar and methods for tracking and reporting our social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram), print, e-mail, website, and video communications
- Assist in the coordination of marketing projects, including collection of client photos, creating campaign videos, etc.
- Coordinate the creation and maintenance of all print marketing materials including brochures and event collateral
- Write, design, and distribute regularly scheduled online newsletters.
- Manage inventory of marketing materials, schedule and coordinate committee meetings, assist Development Director
- Represent Crossroads at community engagement events, campus outreach efforts, corporate funder fairs, corporate fairs, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be very detail-oriented and a creative inquisitive thinker.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and ability to easily shift focus to respond to changing priorities.
- Be mature, poised, personable and a fun team member.
- Have good judgment, give constructive critique, and be able to work with little supervision.
- Be very proficient in all Microsoft Office products and social media applications. Experience with donor management and website content management systems a plus.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to lift and carry 25lbs. minimum and walk/stand for up to four hours.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Passion for the mission of Crossroads Community Services.
- Have own transportation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Employee health insurance and retirement plan with employer match.
About Crossroads Community Services
Crossroads Community Services is a non-profit organization with a mission to nourish our community’s low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education. We are committed to ensuring that food-insecure individuals in Dallas County have access to substantial amounts of nutritious foods. In addition to food, we also provide gently used clothing at our pantry located at 1822 Young Street, Dallas, TX 75201. In 2017, we distributed over 2.3 million pounds of food to over 11,000 unduplicated individuals throughout Dallas County.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org