Jubilee Park & Community Center seeks a full time Development Associate. The Development Associate is responsible for supporting fundraising and communications objectives of the Development Department, with duties including grants, annual fund, board relations, marketing and communications, and special events. The successful Development Associate will be a self-starter with a desire to grow professionally within the fields of development and/or communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Development Associate supports activities including, but not limited to:
- Research grant opportunities and assist in the preparation of grant requests.
- Compose grant request materials aligned to prospect affinities, capacity, and interest.
- Assist in composition of proposal packets to individual donors.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective donors.
- Compile and track individual prospect lists.
- Prepare media materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing).
- Coordinate production of acknowledgement, solicitation, and stewardship communiques.
- Administer Jubilee website, e-mail marketing, and social media outlets.
- Execute all administrative details associated with the Development Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, board meeting minutes, etc.).
- Assist with preparation of Development Department materials for board member use.
- Maintain guest lists, prepare materials, and assist in general preparation/implementation of fundraising and special events.
- Manage donor database, including donor profiles, transactions and interactions.
- Process donations and make weekly deposits.
- Create database reports to support goals, projections, and special appeals.
- Assist in recruitment of interns for various departments.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree OR five years fundraising experience required.
- Excellent communication skills required; grantwriting experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Dallas corporate/foundation funding community preferred.
- Database management skills required; E-tapestry or Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Communications experience (newsletters, e-blasts, graphic design, etc.) preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, office equipment and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Qualified candidates should email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Please no phone calls.