Crossroads Community Services (Crossroads)
The Development Director is responsible for creating and executing comprehensive strategies for donor development, fundraising and marketing communications, and ensuring that these activities support Crossroads' mission. The Contributed Revenue Goal for 2018 is $930,000.
The successful candidate will work with the Crossroads Board, Staff, and Volunteers to:
- maximize efficiency and effectiveness of all development initiatives,
- expand and diversify Crossroads’ donor base, especially individual supporters
- increase Crossroads’ name recognition in the community,
- ensure achievement of the Contributed Revenue Goal.
As Crossroads enters a new phase of accelerated growth, the Development Director has the unique opportunity to:
- initiate and evaluate new fundraising and marketing initiatives,
- systematically and effectively strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising capacity,
- forge new relationships to build Crossroads’ visibility, impact, and financial resources.
The Development Director
- reports to the Executive Director,
- is a key member of the leadership team,
- actively participates in making strategic decisions,
- oversees the work of:
- Full-time Development Manager,
- Part-time Development Fulfillment & Data Entry Associate,
- Part-time Donor Engagement Associate,
- Full-time Volunteer Engagement Coordinator.
- Full-time Development Manager,
About Crossroads Community Services
Crossroads Community Services' mission is to nourish our community’s low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education. By distributing substantial amounts of groceries, Crossroads strives to meet basic food needs and supplement household incomes. In 2017, Crossroads distributed over 2.3 million pounds of food to 11,000 unique individuals throughout Dallas County.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Supervisory experience managing a development department
- Significant leadership experience in a non-profit environment
- Minimum of seven years of experience in a comparable fundraising environment and at least two years of that experience in the North Texas philanthropic community
- Demonstrated verifiable success:
- building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders
- engaging a wide range of donors and establishing long-term relationships
- interacting with multiple constituencies and speaking/presenting publicly
- acquiring and retaining individual, corporate and foundation donors
- utilizing promotional and media outlets
- training board members to be effective fundraisers
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects in a growing, fast-paced organization
- Proficient in MS Office products and donor databases
- Able to work flexible hours as requested and travel locally as needed
- Is a high energy person with a professional and resourceful style, who has a passion for Crossroads’ mission and the pursuit of innovative excellence
- Create and achieve annual and three-year development, marketing and communication plans
- Prepare and oversee the development and marketing budget, which includes tracking all relevant revenues and expenses, and regular reporting to accountants and Board of Directors.
- Serve as staff liaison with the Board’s Development & Marketing Committee
- Manage the development activities calendar, identify methods for improvement in all areas of fundraising: including but not limited to, the solicitation of individual, foundation, corporate, church, or government funding, and the planning of special events.
- Conduct research to identify and then execute the necessary strategies to increase awareness of Crossroads through marketing and brand development
- Write and manage grant proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Creation and execution of compelling methods of communication including, but not limited to, Crossroads’ website, emails, newsletter, Annual Report, donor appeal letters, brochures, and social media communicates our mission, value proposition and results.
- Equip board members, staff, and volunteers to be persuasive Crossroads ambassadors, fundraisers, and champions of the Crossroads Mission, who effectively communicate the impact donations and our work make in the lives of the people we serve.
- Report regularly on the progress of the development program to all relevant stakeholders
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and achievements
- Employee health and disability insurance, plus a retirement plan with employer match
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com