In this small and emerging organization, the Director of Development is responsible for building and executing the development plan, and implementing the information technology systems to support the function. She or he also is responsible for running special events.
Reporting to, and in partnership with, the Executive Director (ED) the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as The Elisa Project continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the Boomerang donor database and oversee staff or volunteers responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events and sponsorship solicitation
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- BA (required)
- Understanding and experience with the Texas philanthropic community
- Five-plus years’ experience in development and/or sales
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Boomerang preferred
To be considered for this position, please forward a letter with your salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 20th.