Are you an organized, deadline-driven fundraiser who excels at grant writing? Join the Promise House team! We are seeking an experienced Development Manager to raise funds in support of our critical residential and counseling programs for homeless youth.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for managing the agency’s portfolio of grant funders, individual giving program and external communications. You will also supervise the Grant Coordinator and Annual Gifts Coordinator. By securing funds from public and private donors, you will play a vital role in helping the agency expand to serve more youth in need of shelter and support.
- Write and submit a high-quality grant proposals to existing and potential donors, including foundations, corporations, civic organizations, faith-based groups and government agencies
- Research donor prospects and ensure the development team has a robust donor pipeline
- Provide donors with financial and program progress reports as requested (at least annually)
- Communicate agency milestones to Promise House supporters via targeted phone calls, emails and letters
- Work closely with the Annual Gifts Coordinator and Chief Philanthropy Officer to develop and implement a strategy to identify, cultivate, and solicit new donor prospects and renew existing individual donors to achieve annual fundraising goals
- Maintain current records in Raiser’s Edge, including grant tracking, donor actions and reports
- Lead donor site visits and coordinate off-site speaking events as needed
- Forecast annual grant revenue and participate in the agency budget planning process
- Supervise the Grant Coordinator and Annual Gifts Coordinator
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least five years previous experience in nonprofit fundraising and grant writing, preferably for a social services agency.
- History of cultivating and stewarding donor relationships.
- First-rate organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills, problem-solving initiative, and professional accountability for quality of work and adherence to deadlines.
- Organized self-starter capable of coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect or a similar content management system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Passion for the Promise House mission.
- Knowledge of the Dallas/Ft. Worth philanthropic landscape a plus.
Please apply online at: