Position Summary: This position assists the Director of Development in achieving our fundraising and marketing/communication goals by assisting with:
- Donor engagement – the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and prospective donors to Crossroads
- Management of Crossroads website and social media accounts
- Expansion of Crossroads’ community engagement, focusing on contributed income growth
- Event planning – Coordination of event details, communications, and execution of Crossroads events
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist Director of Development and the Crossroads Development & Marketing Committee with the planning, coordinating, and execution of fundraising and donor appreciation events
- Scheduling/Coordinating of Crossroads Development & Marketing Committee meetings and capturing the minutes of those meetings
- With the assistance of the Director of Development, produce development campaign reports for management team and Board of Directors
- Manage campaign mailings and donor communication
- Manage the maintenance of physical and electronic donor and grant files, ensuring:
- Accurate records within the database
- Physical donor files are updated according to Crossroads standards
- Assist with processing of grant applications, awards, and entry into the database
- Manage day-to-day execution of social media messaging and website updates to keep the Crossroads’ story fresh, relevant, and compelling.
- With the assistance of the Director of Development, implement Crossroads’ communication plan, which includes:
- Managing content through all channels (print, email, website, social media, and video communications)
- Monitoring and reporting engagement with each of these channels
- Assist in the coordination of marketing projects, including collection of client photos and stories, creating campaign videos, etc.
- Coordinate creation, updating, and inventory management of all marketing materials/collateral
- Coordinate consistent scheduling, design, and distribution of online and print newsletters
- As requested, represent Crossroads at community engagement events, campus outreach efforts, corporate funder fairs, corporate fairs, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be detail-oriented and a creative inquisitive thinker.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and ability to easily shift focus to respond to changing priorities.
- Be mature, poised, personable and a fun team member.
- Have good judgment, give constructive critique, and be able to work with little supervision.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be proficient in all Microsoft Office products and social media applications. Experience with donor management and website content management systems a plus.
- Be able to lift and carry 25lbs. and walk/stand for extended periods of time.
- Be available to work occasional nights and weekends as needed for events and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or substantial work experience
- 2-3 years of experience within a marketing, communications, or development function
- Passion for the mission of Crossroads Community Services
- Have own transportation
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Employee health insurance and retirement plan with employer match
About Crossroads Community Services
Crossroads Community Services is a non-profit organization with a mission to nourish our community’s low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education. We are committed to ensuring that food-insecure individuals in Dallas County have access to substantial amounts of nutritious foods. In addition to food, we also provide gently used clothing at our pantry located at 1822 Young Street, Dallas, TX 75201. In 2017, we distributed over 2.3 million pounds of food to over 11,000 unduplicated individuals throughout Dallas County.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Note that this is a revised job description and posting, previous applicants that are still interested in this position are encouraged to reapply.