Development Officer – Community Engagement (Part-Time)
The Make-A-Wish North Texas Chapter is looking for a fundraising professional who is motivated by our mission to bring hope, strength, and joy to children who have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.
The Development Officer – Community Engagement works collaboratively with our community to develop and implement external events and programs. You will coordinate and execute the overall community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community, provide resources, and build awareness. If you are the type of person who can passionately share our mission and encourage our community in their fundraising efforts we need you to help us make wishes come true for children battling a critical illness.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the liaison for external events and Kids for Wish Kids in the Dallas/Fort Worth market.
- Lead the processes for our external events and Kids for Wish Kids throughout our Chapter.
- Build upon our current Kids for Wish Kids strategy to increase revenue within the program.
- Develop and lead our Wish Alumni program across our Chapter.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience cultivating donors, prospects, and building a development program.
- Strongly prefer experience working with schools in order to create and support the execution of fundraising programs.
- Experience in a non-profit position with significant donor relations, public relations, and communications responsibilities.
- Capacity to be self-directed while working as a member of a larger team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to solicit funds through personal contacts with donors and prospects.
- Energetic, flexible and proactive with a roll-up-the-sleeves work attitude.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MSOffice and a database management software such as Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge.
We offer paid-time off (PTO) and holiday pay to our part-time staff, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with Make-A-Wish match!
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@ntx.wish.org