As a critical member of the Executive Director’s administrative development team, the Development Officer of Ellis County (DOE) is a year-round full-time position.
The Development Officer of Ellis County is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the annual MOW Golf Benefit. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working with the board, staff and volunteers, this person represents, advances and identifies funding for MOW’s mission with a relationship-based approach to fundraising.
The DOE is responsible for developing, sustaining, and deepening relationships with constituents in Ellis County on behalf of Meals on Wheels of Johnson & Ellis Counties. The DOE will manage a portfolio of prospects that include current donors (e.g., individuals, families, foundations, corporations, and the broader community). The objective of all development activities is to help potential supporters understand the ongoing needs of Meals on Wheels of Johnson & Ellis Counties.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work directly under the Executive Director’s supervision and in conjunction with the Board and its Development Committee
• Collaborate and coordinate efforts in conjunction with all department leadership and staff
• Support the Executive Director’s major donor portfolio of 30-50 donors through weekly meetings to review ongoing execution of cultivation strategies and solicitations
• Carry a portfolio of 75-150 mid-to-major-level donors with individual cultivation and solicitation plans
• Develop relationships with Board of Directors to cultivate additional networks of major donor prospects, as well as maintaining giving within the Board
• Prepare and produce all relevant materials, proposals, and correspondence needed for major gift solicitations and grant applications to foundations as directed by Executive Director
• Assist in the organization and implementation of appropriate donor recognition programs
• Assist in the development and implementation of all internal and external communications plans for fundraising initiatives
• Develop, promote and sustain effective relationships with all key constituents and supporters of Meals on Wheels of Johnson & Ellis Counties in Johnson County
• In conjunction with Development Officer of Johnson County (DOJ) assist in shared responsibilities of:
o Creation and production of all marketing collateral, direct mail, and news releases
o Develop and publish social media content material and email campaigns
o Maintain website content and overall maintenance
• Participate in training and staff development, as related to the position
• Recognize the inherent dignity of each client/participant served and preserve his/her right to confidentiality and respect
• Bachelor’s degree with experience in marketing, fundraising or comparable area
• Proven passion to uphold and support the mission of Meals on Wheels
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated emotional intelligence and comfortability working with a wide variety of individuals
• Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and hard working with record of completing assignments
• Kind, joyful and personable demeanor with sense of humor, collaborative style, flexibility
• Ability to work well both independently and in conjunction with others
• Professional yet approachable in dress and demeanor
• Coachable and open to ongoing professional development
• Clear communicator in written and spoken word
• Prior experience and/or willingness and ability to learn necessary software including ServTracker and Bloomerang
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and organize multiple tasks, handle detailed work and meet deadlines
• Comfortable working with and addressing culturally and ethnically diverse staff, volunteers, senior adults and community groups
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance, as required by law
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE DEMANDS
This position is generally set in a comfortable office environment, however, it may occasionally require outside of office work. It requires seeing, hearing, sitting and walking on a daily basis. It may require bending and lifting 25 pounds on an infrequent basis. Donor/client/volunteer field work may occur during or after business hours and it requires talking, writing, driving in inclement weather, walking on uneven surfaces and standing for upwards of 30 minutes straight, depending on the situation.
ABOUT MEALS ON WHEELS OF JOHNSON & ELLIS COUNTIES
Meals on Wheels of Johnson & Ellis Counties is a community-based organization focused on helping homebound elderly and disabled persons remain independent and healthy in their homes by providing nourishing meals, a friendly visit and a safety check.
To apply submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com