The Friends of the Katy Trail (FKT) is a non-profit organization (501c3) raising needed funds for the maintenance, safety and improvement of the Katy Trail. The FKT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, gender or religion.
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this full time position will provide support to staff helping with development, operations and general office needs. Understands the duties and responsibilities of the position and keeps job knowledge up-to-date. Clearly understands the mission of the organization and continuously works to promote FKT and achieve its goals.
The Development and Operations Assistant has the following responsibilities:
- Assist with special events
- Answer office phones and respond to general office emails in a timely manner
- Enter all donations in database
- Assist with potential donor research
- Assist with membership development and retention initiatives
- Take responsibility for database clean-up, making sure all information is accurate
- Create and mail membership correspondence such as thank you letters, renewals, etc.
- Assist with bookkeeping responsibilities (accounts payable and receivable) and general administrative responsibilities
- Approximately 40 hours per week
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, detail oriented, and able to multi-task
- Able to work well with others in a small office environment
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office and Excel
- Experience with Raisers Edge (or other fundraising database) and QuickBooks is preferred
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Some evenings and weekends required
- College diploma or some college coursework preferred
- A passion for the Katy Trail or wellness activities is a plus
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org