The Development Professional is a member of the school’s administrative team and will oversee a comprehensive fundraising and cultivation program including; annual fund, donor relations, alumni programming, event management, endowments, planned giving and grant writing.
The Development Professional will embrace and uphold the School’s mission which is “to prepare Jewish students for college and university distinction with a lifelong commitment to Torah study and Jewish traditions, the Jewish people, and the State of Israel”. As a Modern Orthodox school, Yavneh Academy develops ethical and responsible members of the Jewish people and American society, knowledgeable about and committed to their Jewish heritage and the State of Israel.
The Development Professional will report to the Head of School. They will also work closely with the Yavneh Board President and VP of Development. This is a part-time position with the potential to become full-time.
Specific Areas of Responsibility Include:
- In collaboration with the Head of School, create and implement a strategic fundraising plan.
- Work closely with Communications/Marketing and Admissions Departments to ensure that all campaign materials, communications, solicitations, website etc., are aligned and in support of one another.
- Direct fundraising activities and events including annual giving, endowment, planned giving, corporate gifts, capital campaigns, donor relations, cultivation, solicitation, special projects, and other school-related fundraising activities.
- On an ongoing basis, meet with the VP of Development to review fundraising goals.
- Research, recommend and implement opportunities to cultivate new and existing donors as well as new strategies for raising funds in support of the long term vision of the school.
- Maintain and cultivate strong individual and community relationships with existing and potential donors.
- Attend all Yavneh fundraising events.
Development Office Infrastructure
- Provide timely and accurate fundraising and donor reports to the VP of Development.
- Generate query based reports to support specific informational needs as requested.
- Maintain and create office systems to support all Development projects and operations.
- Maintain and update accurate donor information and gift data.
- Maintain the Development database, all related records, files, and gift processing information.
- Oversee and assist with the distribution of pledge reminders and acknowledgement letters.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Characteristics & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in fundraising coordination or business development. Independent School experience is a plus.
- Experience with/or the ability to learn the fundraising database software Senior Systems.
- Highly motivated team player with an inherent zeal for achieving goals.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Event production and planning experience beneficial.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work and excel under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.