Alliance For Children is the only Children’s Advocacy Center™ in Tarrant County and was one of the first Children’s Advocacy Center™ programs established in Texas. Since 1992, over 50,000 children have benefitted from Alliance For Children’s teamed investigations and coordinated approach. Our program has served as a model for many of the Children’s Advocacy Centers across the state of Texas today. Alliance For Children is a nonprofit organization that operates child-friendly centers in Tarrant County, located in Arlington, Fort Worth, Hurst, and Lakeside. It is our mission to protect the children of Tarrant County from abuse through teamed investigations, healing services and community education.
Alliance For Children is a fully accredited member of the National Children’s Alliance®, a membership association of over 700 Children’s Advocacy Centers and is a founding member of Children’s Advocacy Centers™ of Texas.
Please visit our website at AllianceForChildren.org for more information.
Director of Development – Full-Time
The Director of Development will be responsible for carrying out the philanthropic mission of Alliance For Children in collaboration with the Executive Director by strategizing, developing and implementing the organization’s fund development work plan. Activities include but are not limited to major giving, planned giving, annual support, special events, donor relationship management, donor cultivation and stewardship.
Job responsibilities include:
- Create and manage a development plan in collaboration with the Board of Director's Fund Development Committee and staff.
- Implement short- and long-term fundraising strategies for operating support, facilities, major gifts, endowment and special projects.
- Manage all donor – foundation, corporate and individual– and prospect relationships.
- Plan and manage special events such logistics, donor recognition, program flow and fundraising to meet goals of donor giving, acquisition and retention.
- Ensure foundation and corporate grant funding meets agency goals with research, writing and tracking foundation and corporate grants.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred degree focus in public relations, marketing, communications or advertising.
- Five or more years in a Development management role.
- Knowledge of Tarrant County philanthropic community, experience with major gifts fundraising and planned giving, extensive knowledge of fundraising techniques and best practices.
- Successful completion of criminal and civil background checks.
To apply, send/email resume, cover letter and references to HR@AllianceForChildren.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line. Questions specific to this position may be directed to Julia Summers (JSummers@AllianceForChildren.org). No phone calls, please.
Alliance For Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.