The Director of Development joins a dynamic team focused on advancing the Carroll Education Foundation (CEF) mission and enthusiastically and strategically increases philanthropy in the Southlake community by raising funds benefitting the Carroll Independent School District. Since inception in 1997, CEF has awarded over $1.4M in district wide grants and over $200K in scholarships. CEF is transforming its fundraising program and establishing a formal development team to meet the needs of an annual campaign effort focused on attracting and retaining teachers within the district.
We are seeking a fundraising professional with a highly cooperative spirit, strong communication and relationship-building skills, a forward-thinking approach, the ability to relate to multiple constituencies, and who will represent the Foundation with tact, diplomacy and passion. The Development Director conveys enthusiasm for the mission and helps grow the annual campaign into a $1 million plus annual program over the next three years.
The Director leads the Development Team and works in consultation and close coordination with the Board Chair and/or Vice Chair and Executive Director to design and implement a comprehensive development program that identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards prospects and donors for major gifts in support of CEF. In addition to fundraising, the Director works with dedicated board volunteers to develop and implement an effective donor stewardship program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan including objectives and unit goals
- Build and maintain a prospect portfolio of a minimum of 100 active prospects
- Plan, design and implement solicitation strategies in support of CEF priorities
- Establish and cultivate partnerships to identify, engage, and solicit prospects to fund CEF initiatives
- Collaborate with CEF Board Members to establish and implement an appropriate stewardship program
- Participate in and support our Engagement Team by participating in special CEF events and projects
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years fundraising experience with the following requirements:
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in effectively planning, analyzing, coordinating, and implementing development activities
- Ability to work effectively in a team of volunteers and with many diverse constituencies
- Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising plans
- Demonstrated success in executing fundraising activities, identifying prospects, developing strong relationships, cultivating support and stewarding gifts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong donor relationships within the local community, preferred
- Ample knowledge of the Texas public school finance or willingness to learn, preferred
Annual Salary: $ 70,000 – $ 90,000
- Full-time 40 hours a week; telecommuting optional
- Includes mileage reimbursement and occasional overnight travel for conferences
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references.
Carroll Education Foundation
P.O. Box 93041
Southlake, TX 76092