The Director of Mental Health Resources is a full-time position with responsibility for development and execution of a navigation line, a new service being introduced by Grant Halliburton Foundation. Director will be involved in the initial planning and execution of this startup service as well as working with staff to create programs and processes to ensure the long-term efficiency and viability of this new service.
- Working with the President, help lead the implementation of this new service, including budget management and project schedule oversight
- Plan and develop a volunteer training program for volunteers who will man the phone lines and web inquiries
- Assist with volunteer recruitment
- Develop and manage scheduling model for volunteers
- Manage and support daily case management work of volunteer/staff team
- Develop and manage database of mental health resources and methodology for resource identification
- Continue to enhance and expand HereForTexas.com, a database of North Texas mental health providers
- Plan, develop and implement performance metrics for this new program
- Plan, develop and implement monthly reporting for this new program
- Work with Director of Communications to build awareness of service
- Develop strategic plan for longer-term expansion of the Navigation Line
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a helping profession (Counseling, Social Work, etc.) preferred
- Licensed or certified to independently practice at the Master’s Degree level
- Commitment to agency vision, core values and mission
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Superior program management skills
- Past experience working with and managing volunteers a plus
- Superior skills in written and verbal communications
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of case management software programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with staff, donors and volunteers
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, establish priorities, meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
- Detail-oriented, thorough and accurate in all work
- High degree of initiative with ability to complete tasks with minimal direction
The Grant Halliburton Foundation Director of Mental Health Resources must have the ability to spend time seated, the dexterity to perform computer keyboard functions, the ability to speak to individuals and groups, and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Commensurate with experience and skill level
About Grant Halliburton Foundation:
Grant Halliburton Foundation is committed to helping young people—and the adults in their lives—know the symptoms of mental illness and understand the importance of getting help.
This position offers an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people while supporting the programs and initiatives of a growing organization in a fast-paced, rewarding office environment.
Be part of a dynamic and positive work environment in a nonprofit organization that is helping to prevent suicide, promote better mental health and strengthen the network of mental health resources for children, teens and young adults.
About the Mental Health Navigation Line:
The HERE FOR TEXAS Mental Health Navigation Line will assist individuals with finding appropriate care for mental illnesses. This no-cost service will be a critical extension of the HereForTexas.com website.
For this new initiative, we will train Mental Health Navigators to help callers identify, address, and overcome barriers to care. Individuals will be helped to identify appropriate resources and options in care to meet their needs. They will also be encouraged and supported emotionally. This information is needed not only by individuals, but also by families, schools, hospitals, employers, clergy, criminal justice departments, community agencies and mental health providers.
The navigation line will operate five days a week during normal business hours via telephone, text and email. Our Mental Health Navigators will include volunteers and staff trained in case management and mental health education.
True to the acronym in its name, HERE FOR TEXAS will offer Help, Education, Resources and Encouragement, empowering people to make informed decisions and find appropriate mental health care.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only submissions with cover letters will be reviewed. No calls, please.