The beautiful and dynamic Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, one of the top gardens in the U.S., is seeking an experienced individual to oversee the creation, development, and execution of public events/concerts/activities for the main garden and the Children’s Garden of the Dallas Arboretum to achieve front gate revenue goals. This includes but not limited to activities such as Mommy and Me Mondays, Tiny Tot Tuesdays, concerts, weekend and weekday public activities, festivals, A Tasteful Place programming, and other such events in the garden. Work in tandem with Advertising and Promotions department in creating effective promotional materials, social media, and web presence for public events. Oversee public food service vendors. Prepare and monitor public programming budgets. Contribute to team effort.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create or oversee creation of new concepts for activities/festival themes and programming for appropriate approvals to promote interest, engagement and enjoyment of the public in the main garden, A Tasteful Place, and the Children’s Garden to achieve revenue goals.
- Assure that courteous customer service standards are maintained in public interaction and response to guest issues.
- Oversee staff in the execution of the logistics related to new or repeat activities and vendors/performers on the property to assure smooth facilitation of logistics/locations in the garden in relation to other departmental activities, such as children’s educational classes, special private events, and horticultural/property development projects.
- Assure that events are garden appropriate and in compliance with Arboretum, City or other required regulations and policies.
- Assure that vendor/performer contracts are accurately and timely completed with relevant approvals and invoices are processed for accuracy and timely payments.
- Work closely with Advertising and Promotions to ensure events are marketed in the best way for maximum exposure:
- Review and approve/edit all print/promotional materials (press release, ads, email blasts, newsletters) for public event content.
- Monitor website for accurate placement and descriptions of all events.
- Create discounts and promotions for approval with the goal to drive attendance.
- Manage the public food service vendors, both permanent locations as well as temporary food service needs, and provide input to seasonal food options, café décor, and oversight of public food demonstrations and tastings in A Tasteful Place.
- Address any issues/concerns in a timely manner and assure compliance with food safety regulations.
- Effectively interface with relevant Standing/Board Committees.
- Prepare annual budget for approval.
- Monitor and assure that expenses/invoices within budget.
- Assure invoices/expense are reviewed and timely processed for payment.
- Assist with reconciliation of month end prelims.
- Oversee and/or train, evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five years in responsible related public event/hospitality experience preferred; three years supervisory experience desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using correct grammatical and professional writing techniques.
- Good computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office products and other relevant computer applications.
- Ability to physically and repeatedly walk the property for execution oversight in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including weekends and evenings.
- Driver’s license to drive golf carts.
- Creativity in developing activities/themes, etc. to promote and to increase attendance.
- Goal and deadline driven.
- Organized with ability to multitask successfully; professional work ethic.
- Flexible, diplomatic, responsive and self-motivated.
- Good judgement and problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and to engage staff.
Please submit your cover letter and resume NOW to: email@example.com