- Bachelor’s degree in social work and licensure
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a social service agency
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relationship violence and sexual assault issues
- Experience with a non-profit agency of comparable complexity
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Master’s degree in social service or related field
· Conduct weekly meetings with staff to include training, build communication and morale, and coordinate services for clients.
· Manage the shelter facility to meet the physical, safety-related and emotional needs of the clients.
· Collect and report statistical data reflecting services provided and outcomes.
· Evaluate shelter services and make recommendations for budget needs and programming in support of agency goals.
· Ensure clients have access to counseling, support group, and advocacy services.
· Ensure that shelter staff, services, and activities remain grant compliant.
· Maintain community relationships to best meet the needs of shelter clients.
· Provide presentations, assist in events, attend meetings, and other activities consistent with being in a leadership role.
· Assist in grant proposals developed for shelter program.
· Actively communicate shelter status and needs to Executive Program Director.
· Participate in DCFOF staff and education meetings as requested. Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to easily climb stairs
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by staff assigned to this position. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
This position is a grant-funded position and is subject termination based on the renewal of supporting grants. Employment with Denton County Friends of the Family is on an at-will basis, in accordance with state law, meaning that both the employee and the agency are free to terminate the relationship at any time, with or without cause or advance notice.
Resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.