The Make-A-Wish North Texas Chapter is looking for a Director of Volunteer Services who is motivated by our mission to bring hope, strength, and joy to children who have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.
The Director of Volunteer Services works collaboratively with the development, marketing, and program leadership teams to recruit and retain competent and enthusiastic volunteers to help us grant wishes that change lives. The cornerstone of this position is to help volunteers identify the opportunity that best fits their skill set and then connect their passion to our mission to bring to life a child’s most heartfelt wish in a way that exceeds every expectation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop key strategies for and manage volunteer recruitment, training, speaking engagements, stewardship, and recognition programs throughout the Chapter.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation and tracking of key performance indicators for volunteer services.
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of our mission and their roles and responsibilities.
- Manage online volunteer portal and work with IT team to identify and implement appropriate software tools as needed.
- Represent Make-A-Wish within the community through speaking engagements and volunteer fairs.
- Communicate with volunteers through social media posts and email newsletters.
- Manage Wish Ambassador Program and cultivate mutually beneficial relationships within the community to increase engagement and reach.
- Work with volunteer groups to provide/create meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Manage volunteer coordinator to ensure volunteer applications and background check processes meet compliance standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years related volunteer management experience including recruitment and implementing volunteer projects and plans
- Capacity to be self-directed while working as a member of a larger team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Raiser’s Edge and SQL database experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and database management software such as Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
- Energetic, flexible and proactive with a roll-up-the-sleeves work attitude
- Must be able to plan and prioritize to handle multiple tasks and projects
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@ntx.wish.org.