Shelton School seeks an experienced Donor Relations-Database Associate to join our team. The Donor Relations-Database Associate is an integral member of our team reporting directly to the Director of Development. This position will assist with various fundraising activities, administrative tasks, and assist with the management/maintenance of the development database system including financial data entry, reports, and development correspondence. Assist with other duties as assigned or requested by the Director of Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Database administration - Responsible for financial data/gift entry process and management of Development database system. Maintain and manage Development database for accuracy and integrity of donor records including: entering financial data, updates, coding updates, imports/exports of data and database management. Ability to query, run and design custom reports as needed. Prepare data analysis reports and perform weekly financial reconciliation with Business Office to process reports as needed. Provide Development data and support to Business Office for annual audit preparation related to all donations and pledges. Work with Business Office to ensure compliance with IRS regulations. Knowledge of non-profit accounting, tax and audit requirements a plus.
Stewardship - Manage gift processing and prepare donor acknowledgements, receipts, correspondence, pledge reminders, tax letters, invoices, etc. for department. Enter gifts and pledges received on a daily basis. Manage check, credit card, stock and online donation processes. Prepare personalized acknowledgement letters and ensure that all levels of giving are thanked appropriately. Responsible for gift entry process which also includes copying checks and/or pledges, tracking deposits, running reports, filing all donation and pledge related paperwork and maintaining an organized filing system and binders. Work with Development team and Business Office to reconcile development gifts, pledges, payments and constituent data for various funds within database system. Maintain spreadsheets for various funds and fundraising activities.
Administrative and Event Support - provide database and general administrative assistance as needed and perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development including but not limited to: general administrative support, managing schedules/calendar, expense and budget reports, schedule meetings, office supplies, preparing lists and reports for Annual Report, Board Reports, promotional materials, newsletters, publications, and Special Events (e.g. Booster Run, Auction,/Gala, Golf Tournament, Parents Association, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years administrative experience working in fundraising or related field. Working knowledge of SQL databases.
- Outstanding customer service/donor relationship skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, Social Media, etc.
- Excellent editing and proofing skills. Meticulous attention to details.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, self-starter, able to handle confidential information and use discretion.
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and produce high quality results.
- Familiar with GAAP reporting requirements for donations and pledges. Knowledge of nonprofit accounting, tax and audit requirements a plus.
- Positive attitude, highly motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.