In 2018 alone, 22,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer and 14,000 will die from the disease. If ovarian cancer is found early, before it spreads outside the ovaries, 93% of patients survive more than 5 years after diagnosis. Unfortunately, only 19% of cases are detected when cancer is confined to the ovaries. The overall 5-year survival rate of ovarian cancer is only 45%. Be The Difference Foundation wants to improve the survival rates for ovarian cancer!
Be The Difference Foundation, a Dallas-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, was founded in 2012 and has already donated over $2M to support research, support services and clinical trials for ovarian cancer. We provide hope to women who are battling ovarian cancer and their families.
Be the Difference Foundation receives most of its funding from individual donors, foundations, corporations, partnerships and sponsorships from Wheel to Survive events, our signature indoor cycling fundraisers. Visit www.bethedifferencefoundation.org to learn more about the organization and www.wheeltosurvive.org to learn more about Wheel to Survive events.
We are seeking an Executive Director to help us grow the reach and influence of the organization in efforts to ultimately achieve our mission of improving the survival statistics of ovarian cancer.
As Executive Director of Be The Difference Foundation, you must have the experience, personality and knowledge to manage a non-profit organization with a revenue goal exceeding $1M annually. You will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the operations of the organization.
- Developing relationships with organizations, businesses and individuals to broaden the awareness of the organization and obtain financial support. These relationships include:
- Corporate Partnerships and Sponsorships
- Hospital and Healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Patient and caregiver communities
- Other ovarian cancer support organizations
- Developing national strategic partnerships with key corporations to support Wheel To Survive Events in all cities and other potential fundraising programs.
- Managing and motivating existing team comprising of Director of Wheel to Survive and Marketing Contractor
- Developing and executing a sustainable and repeatable model for Wheel to Survive as new cities are brought on.
- Monthly reporting on organizational performance to board of directors
- Communicating with stakeholders internal and external to the organization
- Representing Be The Difference Foundation in the community
- Establishing a volunteer program to support needs at Wheel to Survive and Be The Difference Foundation events
- Providing recommendations to board of directors
Below are the qualifications for the Executive Director position:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in non-profit management
- Five or more years of non-profit management experience.
- Must be able to grow Be The Difference Foundation.
- Must be able to provide samples of results achieved at other non-profit organizations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly networked in the community with access to potential supporters.
- Must be able to personally secure donations exceeding $1M a year from sponsorships or additional rider income.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. There will be a base salary with a potential for a year-end bonus based on achieving agreed upon organization metrics. Quality benefits package includes health and PTO.
For consideration, please provide a cover letter describing how you can be the difference to the organization along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.