The Foundation Manger is engaged in building long –term partnerships and strengthening existing relations with foundations, as well as other funders, which will result in increased financial support for Lumin’s programs and mission. This position proactively seeks opportunities through targeted research and solicitation to prospective new donors and foundations. To learn more about Lumin Education, please visit www.lumineducation.org.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and maintain highly professional and on-going cultivation process for active and prospective funders to develop and sustain successful relationships.
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive plan focused on expanding and enhancing foundation relationships.
- Develop highly competitive proposals with a compelling narrative aligning Lumin’s mission with foundation goals.
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage all aspects of submission and follow-up.
- Collaborate with Lumin leadership to develop unique approaches to funders.
- Provide detailed reports to funders, internal stakeholders and others with respect to the Lumin’s progress.
- Monitor paper work and other related documents connected with the grant-funded programs.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the administration processes.
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operation and financial needs of the organization.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables thereby ensuring smooth completion of work.
- Oversee and execute a diverse range of proposals, progress reports, and related projects.
- Develop and manage effective processes managing input and deliverables from all team members to insure high quality materials are developed and deadlines are met.
- Enhance Lumin’s ability to capture and communicate program impact and timely communication of program progress
- Write narrative and complete progress reports for donors.
- Work with operations to assemble budget and expenditure information for donors a per our agreements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Three or more years of experience working in development, foundation and grant experience preferred:
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Experience working with a data base program, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals;
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective foundations and donors, and interact via phone and in person with limited supervision;
- Detailed oriented and results driven;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong connections with foundations, donors, and Lumin staff;
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail;
- Excellent communication, persuasive writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Creative and adaptive;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required;
- Passion for the mission.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com