Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Grants Manager is instrumental in meeting WiNGS annual contributed revenue goals, with a focus on raising funds through foundation, corporate and private foundation grants. As a key member of WiNGS development team, the Grants Manager is passionate about the mission of WiNGS and its programs. The ideal candidate is an exceptional storyteller with a keen editorial eye for detail; is self-directed; able to manage projects and deadlines; and thrives in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Develops grant proposals to obtain funds for ongoing or new programs and for special projects.
- Researches and tracks proposal requirements and submission deadlines.
- Prepares, coordinates, assembles, and/or delivers proposals, grant applications and renewals for submission.
- Identifies and researches related grant sources of funding.
- Interacts and communicates with senior management, and/or foundation representatives during the proposal design, development and implementation phases.
- Maintains a tracking system of proposals, follows up to provide additional information as required by funding sources and report regularly to the Chief Development Officer.
- Complies with all grant reporting as required by funding sources.
- Maintains current records in database, on network, and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with funders, foundation trustees, staff & community leaders.
- Ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
- Assists with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years’ experience in grant writing.
- Knowledge of Dallas area philanthropic community, and private and corporate foundations.
- Demonstrated success in securing grant awards, with an exceptional ability to write compelling narratives and to share those narratives in compelling ways on the proposal.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to develop proposals and report packages that are virtually error free.
- Outstanding communication skills (strong grammar, proofreading, creative writing, word processing).
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with a database system, Abila Fundraising 50 experience is preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-and long-term disability plans and retirement, as well as an environment where your professional growth and advancement are cultivated. WiNGS is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates should submit a cover letter (including salary requirement), resume, and two writing samples in PDF, one from a grant proposal and one from a grant report you have prepared to email@example.com. Please include “Grants Manager” in the subject line. No recruiters/agencies and no phone calls please.