Grant Writer/Management – Central Services - Dallas, TX
Do you have an eye for details and an orderly approach to completing work? Are you a factual, straightforward communicator? Are you proactive and a future thinker? Do you have a passion for helping those in need?
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Catholic Charities Dallas is looking for a Grant Writer/Manager to join our team. You will be working with the Development team and leading our grant writing & foundation stewardship initiatives.
You will serve as a liaison with principals and other departments on issues regarding grants and assist with compliance and reporting requirements.
Research & Writing
You will be responsible for researching, developing, and writing proposals and other written materials to help secure major funding for unrestricted, program support, capital and restricted projects.
You will build relations with community partners and foundations and attend conferences, programs and trainings hosted by institutional funders as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS· Five-plus years’ experience in grant writing; previous experience with non-profit fundraising required with proven track record of grants awarded
· Superior written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals (Note: includes strong editing skills)
· Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills for building lasting donor relationships. Must be able to represent CCD independently to potential donors
· Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical information and to prepare reports and correspondence and comprehend and make inferences from written material, interpret federal, state, and local government laws and regulations regarding grant contracts and administration
· Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and produce high quality results quickly
· Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products; donor database applications, preferably Raiser’s Edge; internet applications; ETO (outcomes database) experience a plus
· Collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support.
· Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism and persistence.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Catholic Charities Dallas offers a variety of benefits to our staff including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our employees can participate in a retirement plan with an employer contribution after one year of employment. Paid Time Off (PTO) allows employees the flexibility to take time off as they need and we have a generous holiday schedule. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $22.00 to $24.00 per hour, based on skills and experience.
For consideration, all applicants must apply and submit their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Applicants must also complete a work traits survey via this link https://www.cindexinc.com/c/6AE13E.
Resumes received without being accompanied by a completed survey will not be considered. Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. Catholic Charities Dallas is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note: The work traits survey site requires the creation of a user name and password.
About Catholic Charities Dallas
Catholic Charities Dallas (CCD) was formally established in 1941 and was incorporated from the Diocese of Dallas in 1997. Today CCD helps 30,000 individuals annually achieve stability and self-sufficiency through financial literacy, employment services, education, food programs, immigration legal services, refugee resettlement, disaster services, and permanent supportive housing.
Catholic Charities is comprised of more than 17 individual programs that serve 9 counties. The strengths of each of our programs are as diverse as the populations we serve, but our belief in the need to provide dignity to those in our community who are often overlooked remains the same.
Motivated by the love and teachings of Jesus Christ, Catholic Charities of Dallas serves, advocates for and empowers people in need regardless of race, religion, age, gender or nationality, and calls the community to action.
For the nine-county community we serve, Catholic Charities Dallas will be the leading non-profit social services agency that facilitates and walks with the most vulnerable on their journey toward health, hope and a better life.
Service – giving of ourselves and welcoming all
Compassion – treating all with empathy, care and consideration
Integrity – doing what is just, honest, and merciful
Respect – acknowledging the dignity and worth of every person
Commitment – giving attention, energy, and passion to all we do
For more information, you can visit our website at: http://www.ccdallas.org