The Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse is seeking a qualified person to serve as an HIV Early Intervention Case Manager. This position works with the HIV Programs Director, the Associate HIV Programs Director and program staff to ensure that services are delivered in a consumer friendly manner and in accordance with Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Statement of Work, as well as other departmental, agency, and DSHS guidelines.
- Greet clients and complete initial paperwork necessary to provide HIV services to HIV infected persons with substance abuse problems, or persons at risk of being infected as a result of substance abuse related activity, and their families or significant others.
- Provide case management services to qualified clients in accordance with program guidelines.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with treatment providers and other ancillary services
- Refer clients to appropriate treatment service agencies in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Maintain documentation to report all contacts with HIV program participants, service providers, substance abuse treatment facilities and other health organizations.
- Prepare accurate demographic reports and monthly activity summaries
- Provide co-location services when required to meet the needs of the client.
- Collaborate with outside HIV providers to assist with linkage to care for clients who are newly diagnosed or lost to care.
- Must have one of the following:
- 2 years of case management in social work-related field, or
- Degree or licensed in Social Work (BSW or MSW or LMSW) or
- LPC, LCDC, or in training to become a QCC.
- Experience in substance abuse treatment and/ or prevention preferred.
- Functional understanding of and ability to utilize latest Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is essential.
- Personal vehicle with applicable Texas insurance is required.
- Bilingual Preferred.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference ‘HEI Case Manager’ in the subject line. Salary range is $32,900-$38,000