Join our unique team that provides services to families with children in an emergency shelter setting to help them find their way to stability. Duties include: crisis intervention, solution focused & cognitive behavioral based approaches, support system enlargement & utilization, vocational/educational exposure & family strengthening.
- Ensure 85% of Guests transition to permanent housing options upon exiting the Family Gateway Center;
- Ensure that at least in 95% of households at least 1 able bodied adult has/gains earned income/increases income while at Family Gateway;
- Ensure that 75% of Guests have increased their support system (family, friends, other agencies);
- Provide comprehensive, holistic case management services to up to 30 families, empowering them to break the cycle of homelessness & generational poverty through individual & family case management sessions, groups, referrals & support system utilization;
- Identify personal & familial support systems that will assist in maintaining and achieving long term stability;
- Communicate with Family Gateway Family Services Team (Center Director, Early Education Services Case Manager, PSH Enrollment Specialist, other Housing Stability Case Managers, etc.) to provide cohesive and congruent Guest services;
- Provide appropriate resources, tools, and skill set knowledge to assist Guests in maximizing their goals, income and stability by making referrals for services and following up to ensure the referrals were completed;
- Meet with residents individually on a weekly to bi-weekly basis to assess progress and goal achievement(s);
- Conduct monthly House Meetings;
- Conduct weekly therapeutic based evening groups;
- Work closely with other agency programs to maximize Guests’ outcomes, program goals and Family Gateway mission;
- Maintains work schedule as required by program needs with adequate flexibility INCLUDING EVENING AND WEEKEND hours;
- Utilize harm reduction interventions and methodologies to provide Guest- centered services;.
- Assist Guests in applying for and obtaining mainstream benefits;
- Document and maintain up to date information on services provided to residents in HMIS within 24 hours of resident meeting or any case development;
- Formulate and implement individualized case plans with residents within 7 days of Guests’ entering Family Gateway Program;
- Attend Family Gateway and outside agency meetings as relevant to the position;
- Attend at least 4 trainings each year that will increase knowledge of effectively meeting Guests’ needs (co-occurring disorders, harm reduction, cultural competence, DISD, homeless service providers, etc.).
Work hours are 5 days a week (could include some weekends) and are (8) working hours between 6am and 11pm. This position requires at least 2evening days (i.e., 1P - 9P / Noon - 8P) and no more than 1 early day (i.e. 6A - 2P).
Applicant must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Social work plus 2 years of experience working with diverse populations and families in crisis . Case Management in a residential facility preferred. Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a plus.
How to apply: Please send an email with a cover letter and resume to Anastasia Nixon - firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.