The Bridge, a non-profit organization in Dallas, is looking to hire an experienced full-time Intake/Triage Specialist. The Intake/Triage Specialist is primarily responsible for orienting guests reporting for homeless services at the point of entry and in ensuring prompt assessments to determine level of care recommendations. The essential duty of this position requires conducting rapid clinical assessments to determine prioritized level of care needs and referral types. Duties include conducting clinical triage assessments, information and referral processing, enrollment in recovery services, multiple database entries, and ensuring expeditious linkage to all emergency, urgent, and routine services. The ability to make clinical judgments that direct next steps of care based upon presentation/self-report are crucial in this role.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work as a member of a team, communicating with all levels of staffing
- Ability to be accurate, concise and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Word, Excel, Access and Outlook experience
- Compassion: Works with people who are in stressful and difficult situations.
- Interpersonal skills: Being able to work with different groups of people.
- Listening skills: This position must be able to listen to and understand their clients’ needs.
- Organizational skills: Helping and managing multiple clients, often assisting with their paperwork or documenting their treatment, requires good organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Psychology / Social Work or related field
- Three to five years’ experience in in behavioral health and diagnostic assessment and treatment planning is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health conditions, terms, and diagnoses, including use of the multi-axial diagnosis system and experience in crisis prevention/intervention and in providing rapid needs assessments
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Employees at The Bridge enjoy benefits such as:
- health, dental, vision
- 401K Plan
If you are interested in the position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please