Title: Staff Assistant of the Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA) of The Center for American and International Law (CAIL).
Job Description: The ITA Staff Assistant works with ITA Director/CAIL Vice President David Winn to develop and present educational conferences and membership activities in the US and abroad; to support the Institute’s membership, publications, and marketing; and on special projects. There will be substantial contact with American and international lawyers who play leadership or teaching roles in the Institute. This is an exceptional opportunity for persons interested in international legal education and international arbitration. For more information about the Institute and the Center, see www.cailaw.org/ita.
Required Qualifications: 40 hours per week, occasional overtime. College degree. Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to work well independently and with others; highly organized with great attention to detail; proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office computer software; proficient with social media, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Some travel required to help host conferences.
Preferences: Law degree or related master’s degree; legal, international, marketing, membership development, database, design layout software experience; Spanish and other foreign language fluency; commitment to the mission of the Center.
- Assist Director in development of ITA’s conferences and programs, including coordination with conference speakers
- Assist Director in marketing ITA’s conferences and programs, including preparation of conference brochures and email announcements with e-marketing staff
- Assist Director in preparing materials for membership meetings
- Coordinate preparation of printed conference and meeting materials with production staff
- Manage ITA social media, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Manage ITA membership retention and assist membership recruitment
- Manage elements of ITA publications News & Notes and ITA in Review
- Support Young ITA activities, including #YoungITATalks programs, mentorship program and thought leadership writing competition
- Monitor and maintain ITA website with CAIL webmaster
- Oversee registration desk operations at ITA conferences
- Assist Meetings Director with off-site conference and event logistics
- Maintain ITA leadership, faculty, membership, editors and constituent rosters
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits including health insurance, life insurance, matching 403B retirement plan.
Start Date: February 28 or as soon as practical thereafter.
Please submit a resume, references and cover letter via email ASAP to ITA Director David Winn at email@example.com, The Center for American and International Law, 5201 Democracy Drive, Plano, Texas 75024-3561.