Looking to join a dynamic team that is effectively changing the lives of thousands of public school students by helping them say YES to their dreams and goals and no to risk behaviors? Just Say YES (JSY) has given our highly effective peer-to-peer mentoring and student assembly programs in DFW area school districts and in 42 states across the nation. We are looking for Director of Development to manage and creatively expand our donor base of 500+ individuals, three corporations and ten private foundations.
JSY is a (501) (c)(3), non-profit organization established in 2002. JSY has 13 employees and budget of $1.1 million. The organization has a strong collaborative culture partnering with various community groups to impact youth in public and private schools. Programs include effective peer-to-peer mentoring programs, high-powered impact assemblies, professional development for teachers, classroom curriculum, parent education and 3-screen multimedia programs. The majority of the organization’s focus is in North Texas.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Development will be responsible for developing and implementing the fundraising strategy needed to support the strategic plan of JSY. They will engage and cultivate major donors to fund ongoing program activities in schools. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside of the current Just Say YES network of support. Donor development will be done with the support of the President.
- In coordination with the President, create and implement fundraising plan and strategy
- Personally lead and manage the development efforts and campaigns
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporations, foundations, and individual donors
- Leverage JSY’s participation in four main funding sources:
- North Texas Giving Day
- JSY Annual Celebration – evening fundraiser
- Monthly donors
- Yearend Giving Campaign
- Develop and grow our individual donor base; increase number of monthly donors; cultivate major gifts
- Work in conjunction with President to continue and expand JSY Board engagement
- Attend board meetings as a non-voting participant
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of development experience with non-profit organization
- Successful track record of soliciting major gifts
- Past experience in achieving revenue targets and quotas
- Proven relational and leadership capabilities
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, high teamwork capacity, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Experience with Donor Perfect is a plus
- Adheres to the AFP Donor Bill of Rights
Please send cover letter and resume WITH salary requirements to email@example.com