Equest, an equine facilitated therapy program in Dallas has an opening for a Major Gifts Officer.
The Major Gift Officer (MGO) will design, develop, and implement Equest’s major gift program and is responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying prospects and securing new donors. This includes analysis, planning, execution, and evaluation of fundraising programs and strategies, identification of major funding sources, donor cultivation as well as engaging sponsors in ongoing support activities, and building the major donor base, with the ultimate outcome of maximizing revenue through major donations. The MGO will work in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the DOD and additional Development Department employees, Board of Directors, Development Committee, staff, interns, and volunteers to achieve Equest’s fundraising goals.
The successful candidate must be extremely organized, skilled, and self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and with a diverse and productive team while displaying a positive attitude always. Working with deadlines and under pressure, as well as adhering to confidentiality are vital. A get-it done and passion for excellence are necessary to fit into the Equest culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- A minimum of 5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience with a successful record of accomplishment in building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five and six-figure range.
- Possess the ability to build and maintain relationships quickly.
- Have excellent listening skills as well as strong verbal and communication skills.
- A collaborative and collegial work style is a must.
- Well-honed interpersonal skills; ability to interact comfortably with individuals at all levels.
- Confidence and poise to work effectively with individuals of significant wealth.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
- Be organized, prepared, detail-oriented and to follow through on promises.
- Must have the ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate Equest’s mission.
- Must be w Proficiency in computer skills including use of Microsoft Office, and donor data bases.
Interested parties should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org