The Family Place seeks a dynamic and experienced Major Gifts Officer to plan and manage activities to meet the short and long-term goals of the major gift and planned giving program. The Family Place is celebrating 40 years of offering services to victims of domestic violence and is the largest family violence service provider in North Texas.
- Creates major gift strategies by analyzing current donor base and by qualifying and identifying donors.
- Plans and evaluates planned giving strategies for The Family Place.
- Manages a portfolio of 100 to 140 planned giving prospects and major gift donors; helps to secure and formalize their gifts and to forge their relationship with The Family Place.
- Develops strategies and executes marketing plans that include mail, web, social media and paid resources to target audiences for each type of planned gift vehicle.
- Develops strategies and executes prospecting plans to identify, research and reach out to donors for planned gifts and major gifts.
- Develops interactive stewardship program for donors; plans and manages recognition events and benefits that will help to secure the lasting commitments of donors.
- Guides the development of The Family Place planned giving procedures, best-practices and gift acceptance policies.
- Coordinates planned giving activities among development staff to ensure that messages are integrated and fundraising efforts are cooperative.
- Works with board members to secure their own planned gifts and encourages them to reach out to new planned giving prospects.
- Prepares charitable gift annuity proposals and other gift agreements.
- Responds to requests for information about planned giving; researches, writes, edits, and proofreads solicitation and acknowledgment letters.
- Maintains accurate records in the shared database of all contacts and communications.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations and grant solicitations as assigned.
- Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 4 years fundraising experience either as staff or volunteer OR 3 years of closely related experience in trust and estate planning and/or probate law and knowledge of the planned and major gift vehicles, including bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable trusts and beneficiary designations of life insurance and retirement.
- Competitive salary, full benefits: health, dental, vision, life and pet insurance; optional medical products, long term disability, 403b retirement, generous PTO. The Family Place participates in the Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Forward cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - no phone calls please.