The Marketing and Communications Associate will be a key member of the Philanthropy and Communications team, helping to promote consistent branding across the organization by assisting in driving our internal and external communications efforts forward, developing key messages, and creating marketing materials to promote ChildCareGroup’s (CCG) vision and mission.
The Marketing and Communications Associate will work on the Philanthropy and Communications team and will report to the Vice President of Philanthropy and Communications (VP). He/she will be responsible for supporting marketing and communications for all CCG constituencies: donors, parents, staff, community members, etc. The Marketing and Communications Associate must have impeccable writing and editing skills; he/she will be the primary copywriter across print and digital platforms and will ensure that all communications are consistent with and promote the CCG brand. Additionally, the Marketing and Communications Associate will support media relations.
- Maintain and support the development of the ChildCareGroup brand
- Ensure consistent messaging across ChildCareGroup; and
- Educate ChildCareGroup employees on the organization’s brand through trainings and professional development.
- Write and edit copy for annual report and other ChildCareGroup collateral and communications;
- Brainstorm and develop content for regular communications to various audiences; and
- Support in drafting pitch letters and press releases
Online Marketing Management
- Manage and maintain ChildCareGroup websites
- Manage ChildCareGroup social media presence, particularly via Facebook page, Twitter feed, and Instagram;
- Track website traffic and trends via Google analytics; and
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to expand ChildCareGroup’s online presence and reach.
Creative Direction & Vendor Management
- Manage vendor relationships, including graphic designers, writers, photographers, videographers, printers, and web hosts;
- Provide strategic guidance and production support in the creation of development, recruitment, and ChildCareGroup collateral; and
- Collaborate with VP and CEO to draft targeted copy for event collateral
Planning & Execution
- Develop an annual marketing and communications plan for ChildCareGroup, including the creation and management of editorial and messaging calendars to drive specific marketing and communications efforts;
- Spearhead creation of ChildCareGroup annual report and other large-scale projects like regional videos and marketing campaigns;
- Work closely with the VP and CEO to support media relations and other communication as needed;
- Assist with strategic decisions with respect to marketing efforts (i.e. annual appeal, etc.); and
- Manage special projects as they relate to ChildCareGroup’s marketing and communication efforts.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of previous experience in marketing and communications;
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to proactively prioritize among competing goals and to initiate process improvements;
- Experience with web design Content Management Systems (CMS);
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dream Weaver, etc.) or other design software a plus;
- Interest in developing skills in all communication dimensions (written, spoken, graphic, and visual);
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, build relationships across teams, and manage multiple stakeholders;
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, self-confidence, initiative, and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks;
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, and collaborative working style;
- A sense of humor; and
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to ChildCareGroup’s mission and values
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: www.childcaregroup.org